Hi Friends,
I tottally want to just cut to Vienna, cause that is where the real "fun" began, but I'll make ya'll wait it out.
The Kartause is beautiful, the beds are comfortable, and basically its so old I can't even play wallball for fear of cracking some 9million year old wall.
Really though it is pretty cool, and Gaming is so cute. We took a walking tour at one point and had mass in this adorable little church in town. There is also a kebab stand (Gyro's and pizza) GO THERE. The Kebabs are so good.
In town there is like 800 ATM's (Called Bankomat's in Europe) a spar, a shoe store/post office, a bakery, kebab stand, church, outdoor store, school supplies store, chinese restaurant, and other cute little stores. Gaming also has like a thousand hiking opportunities, like the caves, book mountain, stations hike, etc.
BE AWARE: If the Pipp kids take you to the caves, you will be on your hands and knees SCALING the side of the Austrian alps, hoping you don't fall all the way back down. And then you will slide (like on a playground, but far less safe) on your butt, the whole way back down. It was like an extreme sport. Shout out to Ian for saving me from a falling boulder.
Hear me when I say it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. My legs were dotted with at least 20 bruises and cuts.
It was absolutely worth it.
There is also a creek, super cold, but everyone creek jumps alot. It's fun, esspecially after a hot day. (Sorry spring people).
We visted Melk on the second day we were there, there is a beautiful abbey/museum. It was a great way to start the semester, even though we were all pretty exhausted.
The first weekend we took a day trip to Salzburg. It was raining when we first got there, and all through mass, but after that it was beautiful. We took a walking tour, led by Mr. Pipp, (Pipp pipp, horray), bought big pretzels, saw tons of Mozart stuff, bought Mozart balls, and had an excellent lunch.
We went to these really pretty gardens from scenes in the Sound of Music, took some picures, then Theresa and MaryRose and I went this awesome flea martket full of cool hippies selling their awesome hippie things. I loved it. We tried this bread with like 30 different kinds of sauce, and met up with one of our RD's, Scott.
This is the first "Scott Knows" when he helped us get to the Augustiner-Keller, this huge beer hall where half of our school resided. I shared with him my pickiness in the food department, and he helped me order fries. They were really good.
Stay tuned for next time to find out what happens when three girls get stranded in a foreign country with no way to get home.
Peace of Christ,
Savannah
No comments:
Post a Comment